Stahl explosion-proof cranes and hoists have been in business since early 20th century, making it the world’s leading manufacturers of explosion-protected lifting technology and explosion-protected crane components.
Each of the components are certified according to ATEX and IECEx standards and each is marked accordingly. Every piece of component is accompanied by a certificate ensuring that the component is fully tested in compliance with all the standards specified within IECEx and ATEX. This traceability of the origin of every component guarantees that the user gets genuine parts from OEMs.
For some industries such as petrochemicals, chemicals, dangerous gases, equipment operating in such potentially explosive environments needs to engineered so that they do not themselves cause an explosion.
Rotomatik’s unique value manufacturing proposition is that all the explosion proof components are manufactured, fully assembled and tested in our overseas factory in compliance to all of the latest regulations of ATEX and IECEx. The explosion components are easily installed on the locally made crane structures, guided by ISO9000 ensuring zero defect crane and monorail systems.
Rotomatik’s cranes and monorails systems together with Stahl’s explosion-proof certified crane components are constructed to minimise explosions in potentially explosive environments.
Rotomatik’s cranes are designed for potentially hazardous areas of:
- Gas – Zone 1 and Zone 2
- Dust – Zone 21 and Zone 22
The components comprising the cranes are certified accordingly:
- TUV Zertificat
- Derka Certificate
There are two methods of containment:
- Mechanical – all motor and electrical enclosures are designed to repress explosion
- Electrical – Energy limiting methods (like intrinsically safe and non-incendive circuits) that ensure that if a spark is generated, there is not enough energy in the spark to ignite the atmosphere
All electrical and non-electrical components are certified according to ATEX directive 94/9/EC and 1999/92/EC and IECEx standards eg IEC/EN60079, IEC/EN61241 and EN12363.
The distinct features are:
- Wheels constructional safe; brass wheels for very high speeds
- Rope guide nodular graphite casting GJS constructional safe
- Gear liquid immersed constructional safe
- Equipotential bonding preventing invendive sparking
- Overload devices for Zones 1 & 2, Zones 21 and 22
- Panel boxes flameproof and increased safety
- Flameproof bushing
- For Zone 1 and 21, motor casing cast iron; for Zone 2 and 22, motor casing aluminium
- Control pendant IP66, flameproof and increased safety
- Limit switches flameproof enclosure and increased safety
- Bottom hook constructional safe; bronze-coated hook for high speeds